Monday, October 12, 2009

The beginnings of a fashion line ^_^


Up until now, I haven't designed my own outfits yet for my stuffed animals. So guess what? Featuring Pikachu, this is the beginning of my very own fashion line! ^_^

The Story---☆
This outfit was made several years ago. As a beginner, I really had no idea how to sew. My mom is very talented so I had her help out a little bit as well. She had some scrap fabric so I decided to make an outfit for Pikachu ^_^ I roughly sketched out the design onto the fabric without making a pattern first. Then I cut out the design and had my mom sew the edges (as well as fix the crookedness of my design ^^;;;). It was certainly a lot of fun! Even to this day, when it comes to working with the thread and needle, I tend to improvise on the spot ^^;;; My creativity tends to attack me right on the spot so there is little time to plan (hehe) ^^;;;

Talk Au Courant---☆
Pikachu! Thunderbolt, n...ow... er ... I mean ... flowerbolt? XD Pikachu looks just like a country girl, especially with the flowered pattern fabric! The yellow shawl goes very well with Pikachu's fur. I love how both the shawl and skirt are very flowy and carefree just like a flower in the wind. Though this outfit is uncoordinated, in this situation it works pretty well. Simple, yet elegant, it makes me want to smile ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment